Canon EF Lens to BMPCC4K T CINE Speed Booster® ULTRA 0.71x
- Canon EF mount lens to Blackmagic Design cameras with M43 mount, specific for BMPCC4K.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1-stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9).
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Patented 6-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA.
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models.
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Push autofocus if supported by camera.
- Cinema EOS lens support (CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L), including AF (requires external 5V power via micro USB port), auto iris and servo zoom.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required.
- Patented positive-lock EF lens mount.
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss Style ball head, such as Markins and Photo Clam or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4"-20 screw.
- The tripod foot is tailor-made to match the exact height as the BMPCC4K camera body.
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects M43 mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
* = Smooth iris support
No Lens OIS/VC Support
No AF Support
No Iris Support without External Power Supply
In a nutshell, we recommend XL for full-frame lenses and ULTRA for DX/APS-C lenses. For the long story, read our M43 Speed Booster Compatibility Chart.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x and XL 0.64x are similar to the standard M43 Speed Booster adapters (MB_SPEF-m43-BT5 and MB_SPEF-m43-BT6) but the optics have been re-designed to optimize for the filter stack thickness of 2.4mm found in Blackmagic cameras rather than the 4mm of a standard Micro Four Thirds.
In addition to optimized optical design, the CINE version is equipped with an extremely robust cine-style positive locking mechanism to ensure that no play occurs during focusing. This is especially important when using EF lenses for cine work because even though they provide a very smooth focus movement.
Metabones Canon EF to BMPCC4K Speed Booster adapters are designed exclusively for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K). They cannot be attached to any other M43 cameras such as JVC, Olympus or Panasonic cameras.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x reduces the crop factor of the BMPCC 4K camera from 2.02x to 1.43x and produces the largest aperture optics currently available, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9.
Table of compatibility and resulting crop factors with different SpeedBooster :
- This Speed Booster is designed to cover a BMPCC4K image circle which is not big enough to cover a full-size 36mm x 24mm sensor.
For use with fast lenses (faster than f/1.4), the pre-boost apertures will be displayed in the camera.
Slow lenses will report boosted apertures to the camera body but fast lenses will report pre-boost apertures. We won't show f/0.9 with a f/1.2 lens attached, but show f/1.2 instead.
a) EF 85/1.2L attached, camera display = f/1.2, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/0.85.
b) Sigma 18-35/1.8 attached, camera display = f/1.3, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/1.3.
- External 5V power via micro USB port may be required (not included).
- A third party zoom lens may need to be registered with the Speed Booster/Smart Adapter first in order to detect its maximum aperture.
Some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Speed Booster and cause damage to the Speed Booster and/or camera body.
- Many manual focus lenses (e.g. OM 28/2.8, OM 50/1.8, Leica R 15/3.5) have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed BoosterTM They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed BoosterTM Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions on Speed BoosterTM are not covered by warranty.
Many manual focus lenses have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed BoosterTM They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed BoosterTM Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions or by poor quality adapters are not covered by warranty. The following is an incomplete list of lenses known to be incompatible.
Elmarit R 28/2.8
Elmarit R 35/2.8
Summicron R 50/2
Every Pentax K-mount lens has a protruding fin and an aperture lever. It does NOT fit.
Remark: Your PayPal receipt is your order confirmation. There is no separate email confirmation until shipment takes place.
Disclaimer: we are NOT licensed, approved or endorsed by Micro Four Thirds or Canon.
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart AdapterTM series adapters have the following additional features
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.