Firmware update for EF to Fuji GFX Smart Adapter (Win)
Firmware upgrade for Canon EF to Fuji G-mount T Smart Adapter and Smart Expander 1.26x
This information is for the following models:
Canon EF to Fuji GFX T Smart Expander 1.26x (MB_EPEF-FG-BT1)
Canon EF to Fuji GFX T Smart AdapterTM (MB_EF-FG-BT1)
Disclaimer: These release notes only highlights significant changes to the firmware. There may have been other changes that are not documented.
ABOUT THIS DOWNLOAD
- Name: Firmware update V1.20 for EF-FG T Smart Expander 1.26x/ Smart AdapterTM
- Release date: 15 August 2021
- Benefits and improvements:
- Fixed overexposure issue with some Canon TS-E lenses.
- Name: Firmware update V1.10 for EF-FG T Smart Expander 1.26x/ Smart AdapterTM
- Release date: 11 March 2021
- Benefits and improvements:
- Fixed compatibility issue with Laowa 100mm f/2.8 Micro.
- All lens corrections are turned off completely now.
- Name: Firmware update V1.00 for EF-FG T Smart Expander 1.26x/ Smart AdapterTM
- Initial date: 16 November 2020
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows® Vista* SP2
- Windows® 7 SP1
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 10 (Firmware version 43)
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with the following hardware:
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
Note: Please close all other application software before updating the firmware
- you have to prepare a USB to MicroUSB cable to connect the Smart AdapterTM adapter to the computer
- OpenGL 2.0 is required
- When performing the firmware update, please don't disconnect the USB cable, otherwise, the adapter may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown
- Don't connect the adapter to any cameara and lens when performaing the firmware update.
How to download the firmware updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on the Download button.
- The download of the [MetabonesApp.exe] file will start.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
For Windows 8 users:
Under the initial settings of Internet Explorer, the update file will be saved in the [Downloads] folder. Click the [Desktop] tile from the Start screen and find the download file in the [Downloads] folder by using Explorer.
RUN THE SOFTWARE
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to upgrade the Firmware update for the Smart AdapterTM.
STEP 1: START UP THE Metabones App
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the [MetabonesApp.exe] file you downloaded to start up the Metabones App.
- Connect your the Smart AdapterTM to the computer by using the USB-MicroUSB cable.
- Then, follow the instructions in the Metabones App to update the firmware.
I have read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions