Firmware update for EF-EFM (EOSM) Speed Booster ULTRA (Win)
Firmware upgrade for Canon EF - Canon EF-M (EOSM) T Speed Booster ULTRA®
This information is for the following models:
Canon EF to EF-M (EOSM) T Speed Booster® ULTRA (MB_SPEF-EFM-BT1)
Disclaimer: these release notes only highlights significant changes to the firmware. There may have been other changes that are not documented.
ABOUT THIS DOWNLOAD
- Name: Firmware update V1.10 for Canon EF to EF-M (EOSM) T Speed Booster® ULTRA
- Release date: 22 June 2019
- Benefits and improvements:
- Improved start up time by 0.08s
- Fixed compatibility issue with Tamron 10-24/3.5-4.5 VC HLD B023E. (Reminder: APS-C lenses are used with Speed Booster to mitigate the 4k video crop. The image circle is not big enough to cover the entire sensor for full HD video or still photography.)
- Fixed issue with MaxAperture field missing from EXIF when a f/1.4 lens is used.
- Name: Firmware update V1.00 for EF-EFM (EOSM) T Speed Booster® ULTRA
- Initial date: 02 May 2019
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows® Vista* SP2
- Windows® 7 SP1
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 10 (Firmware version 43)
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with the following hardware:
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
Note: Please close all other application software before updating the firmware
- you have to prepare a USB to MicroUSB cable to connect the Smart AdapterTM adapter to the computer
- OpenGL 2.0 is required
- When performing the firmware update, please don't disconnect the USB cable, otherwise, the adapter may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown
- Don't connect the adapter to any cameara and lens when performaing the firmware update.
How to download the firmware updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on the Download button.
- The download of the [MetabonesApp.exe] file will start.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
For Windows 8 users:
Under the initial settings of Internet Explorer, the update file will be saved in the [Downloads] folder. Click the [Desktop] tile from the Start screen and find the download file in the [Downloads] folder by using Explorer.
RUN THE SOFTWARE
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to upgrade the Firmware update for the Smart AdapterTM.
STEP 1: START UP THE Metabones App
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the [MetabonesApp.exe] file you downloaded to start up the Metabones App.
- Connect your the Smart AdapterTM to the computer by using the USB-MicroUSB cable.
- Then, follow the instructions in the Metabones App to update the firmware.
I have read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions