Firmware update for Contax N-E Smart Adapter and Contax N-E Speed Booster ULTRA (Win)
Firmware upgrade for Contax N-E Smart AdapterTM and Contax N-E Speed Booster® ULTRA
This information is for the following models:
- Contax N-E Smart AdapterTM (model number MB_CN-E-BT1)
- Contax N-E Speed Booster® ULTRA (model number MB_SPCN-E-BT1)
Disclaimer: these release notes only highlights significant changes to the firmware. There may have been other changes that are not documented.
ABOUT THIS DOWNLOAD
- Name: Firmware update V3.00 (#853) for Contax N-E Smart Adapter® and Contax N-E Speed Booster® ULTRA
- Release date: 11 Nov 2022
- Benefits and improvements:
- PDAF performance improvement for A7 Mark III.
- Fixed incessant hunting with Planar 1,4/50 on Speed Booster. Camera is unable to autofocus at f/1.0 and the remedy is to display the unboosted aperture, f/1.4, instead.
- Name: Firmware update V2.00 for Contax N-E Smart Adapter® and Contax N-E Speed Booster® ULTRA
- Release date: 10 May 2019
- Benefits and improvements:
- Fixed focus issue when Drive Mode is M (medium) or H (high) and Focus Area is set to Tracking on Sony A9 (ILCE-9) after upgrading camera firmware to 5.0. (NOTE: no autofocus between frames in Advanced Mode. Use Green Mode for AF-C still photography.)
- Name: Firmware update V1.00 for Contax N-E Smart AdapterTM and Contax N-E Speed Booster® ULTRA
- Initial date: 10 Sep 2018
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 11
A micro-USB cable is required to connect the Smart AdapterTM or Speed Booster® to the computer.
- When performing the firmware update, please don't disconnect the USB cable, otherwise, the adapter may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown
- Don't connect the adapter to any cameara and lens when performaing the firmware update.
How to download the firmware updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on the Download button.
- The download of the [MetabonesApp.exe] file will start.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
RUN THE SOFTWARE
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to upgrade the Firmware update for the Smart Adapter or Speed Booster.
STEP 1: START UP THE Metabones App
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the [MetabonesApp.exe] file you downloaded to start up the Metabones App.
- Connect your the Smart Adapter or Speed Booster to the computer by using the USB-MicroUSB cable.
- Then, follow the instructions in the Metabones App to update the firmware.
End User License Agreement (EULA)
Metabones App, hereinafter referred to as App, is licensed to you ("User") by Global Boom International Limited ("Metabones") on a single-user, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable basis. App shall be used only with Metabones products and only as specified in this End-User License Agreement ("EULA"). User may not reproduce, copy, rent, lease, reverse engineer, decompile or sell App or the accompanying online documentation, except to the extent expressly permitted by the EULA or by applicable law. Unauthorized use of App violates copyright and other intellectual property rights and Metabones and/or the relevant licensor (as appropriate) reserve(s) all rights. User acknowledges and understands that App is capable of reproducing copyrighted material by means of its Update function and use of said Update function on, for or with non-Metabones product(s) constitutes willful copyright infringement, subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution. Metabones does not give any Warranty with regard to the accuracy or reliability of the results or output that derives from the download, installation or use of App. Metabones does not accept any responsibility for loss of data or damage caused by the download, installation or use of App, or give any other warranty, or accept any liability whatsoever with respect to App. Metabones recommends that User (and User warrants that (s)he shall) always create and retain a copy of all data in hardware, with or in which App will be downloaded, installed or used, before downloading, installing or using App. Metabones and Metabones's Affiliates do not (except as specifically stated in an applicable EULA, if at all) offer support or assistance in using, installing or maintaining App, or resolving issues or problems that may occur as a result of downloading, using or installing App. You acknowledge that the App, and any accompanying documentation and/or technical information, may be subject to applicable export control laws and regulations. You agree not to export or re-export the App, directly or indirectly, in breach of any such laws or regulations. Where Metabones agrees (in writing) to provide technical support in relation to App or a Metabones product, it shall only provide that support on App or the relevant Metabones product in the same form and version as shipped from the Metabones or Metabones's affiliate's factory, which has not been subject to alteration, modification or abuse and which has been used in accordance with the accompanying online documentation. Metabones does not provide technical support to any non-Metabones product, notwithstanding any representation made by Metabones or Metabones' affiliates of compatibility with a Metabones product. Applicable EULA's may impose additional warranty and liability exclusions or limitations on App. The download, installation or use of App constitutes acceptance of these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you may not download, install or use App or the accompanying online documentation.
I have read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions