Canon EF Lens to RF-mount T CINE Speed Booster® ULTRA 0.71x (EOS R)
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9).
- Increase MTF (details).
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent granted).
- Autofocus. AF speed is properly adjusted to account for and leverage the shorter focal length and the brighter maximum aperture.
- Dual-pixel autofocus (DPAF) and video AF support.
- Focal length and aperture are adjusted in EXIF (see note 3).
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Store EXIF data (lens name, focal length and maximum/minimum aperture) for one manual lens in the adapter.
- Build-in multi-function Control Wheel (turn/ push-in) for assignable functions(eg. ISO, shutter speed or aperture control, depth-of-field preview).
- Cinema EOS lens support (CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L)
- LED indicator shows communication status.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source is required.
- Cinema camera Canon EOS C70 and RED KOMODO 6K support.
- Patented positive-lock EF lens mount.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects the RF mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
Speed Booster® ULTRA for RF Mount cameras
Sharper corners, less distortion, reduced vignetting
Metabones EF-RF Speed Booster® ULTRA 0.71x - to adapt Canon EF mount full-frame lenses to the new Canon RF mount. Users are now able to mitigate most of the APS-C crop factor of EOS R7/R10 (1.60x) and EOS C70 (1.45x) and reduce it to 1.14x and 1.03x respectively and support the RED KOMODO 6K Cinema Camera(from firmware v1.5). The field of view is now much closer to the full-frame look. On the full-frame camera like EOS R5. R5c, R3, this Speed Booster is not intended for still photography but will work if the camera is configured to APS-C mode, and will work well with the specific video crop modes. For details of the crop factor by the camera and mode, please refer to the following table.
Speed Booster ULTRA uses an advanced 5-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic Inc., incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass to achieve extraordinary optical performance with improved corner sharpness, distortion and reduced vignetting. Speed Booster ULTRA has a magnification of 0.71x, effectively reducing the crop factor of 4k video on EOS R and EOS RP from 1.75x to 1.24x. The Speed Booster ULTRA design makes very effective use of exotic materials at the furthest limit of glassmaking technology, and as a result is well-corrected for use with virtually all full-frame SLR lenses regardless of exit pupil distance. Thus, the Speed Booster ULTRA performs extremely well with professional-grade f/2.8 zoom lenses such as the 24-70mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 zooms by Canon to produce 17-50mm f/2.0 and 50-142mm f/2.0 high-speed zooms, respectively. Similarly, high-speed fixed focal length lenses such as a 50mm f/1.2 will be transformed into a 35.5mm f/0.9 lens with excellent contrast and resolution from the center all the way to the edges of the image. (More information can be found in the press release here)
Metabones Canon EF Lens to Canon RF Mount T Speed Booster® ULTRA 0.71x
- 1. EF-S lenses do not fit on Speed Booster®. Some EF-S lenses may be modified to fit, but do so at your own risk.
- 2. EF-S lenses and third-party lenses designed for APS-C format DO NOT WORK AT ALL when used in conjunction with Speed Booster® due to the limitation of image coverage.
- 3. For use with fast lenses (faster than f/1.4), the pre-boost apertures will be displayed in the camera.
Slow lenses will report boosted apertures to the camera body but fast lenses will report pre-boost apertures. We won't show f/0.9 with a f/1.2 lens attached, but show f/1.2 instead.
a) EF 85/1.2L attached, camera display = f/1.2, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster® combined) = f/0.85.
b) Sigma 35/1.4 attached, camera display = f/1.0, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster® combined) = f/1.0.
- 4. Some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Speed Booster® and cause damage to the Speed Booster® and/or camera body.
- 5. Many manual focus lenses (e.g. OM 28/2.8, OM 50/1.8, Leica R 15/3.5) have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed Booster® They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster® Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster®. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions on Speed Booster® are not covered by warranty.
- 6. Add support for RED Komodo Camera from firmware version V1.50 of Speed Booster. Please check with RED on the compatibility of your EF mount lens with your Komodo camera. Some Tamron lenses may not work. Some lenses may have corner vignetting when used with Speed Booster ULTRA because Komodo's sensor is larger than APS-C.
To update the firmware of a Canon EF lens downloaded from Canon's web site, use Canon's own adapter. While a Metabones Speed Booster has been tested for this use case scenario it is not guaranteed to work and not supported.
List of manual focus lenses which REQUIRE MODIFICATION to be used on Speed Booster®
Many manual focus lenses have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed Booster® They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster® Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster®. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions or by poor quality adapters are not covered by warranty. The following is an incomplete list of lenses known to be incompatible.
Elmarit R 28/2.8
Elmarit R 35/2.8
Summicron R 50/2
Every Pentax K-mount lens has a protruding fin and an aperture lever. It does NOT fit.
Remark: Your PayPal receipt is your order confirmation. There is no separate email confirmation until the shipment takes place.
Disclaimer: we are NOT licensed, approved or endorsed by Canon.
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart AdapterTM series adapters have the following additional features
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.