Nikon G to BMPCC Speed Booster 0.58x
Nikon-G/F to Micro-4/3 mount Speed BoosterTM adapters designed exclusively for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC). Note that this new 0.58x Speed Boosters will only attach to BMPCC equipped with a Micro-4/3 mount. They cannot be attached to standard Micro 4/3 cameras.
The new 0.58x Speed Booster reduces the crop factor of the BMPCC from 2.88x to 1.75x, and produces the largest aperture optics currently available, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.74. For example, a 50mm f/1.2 now becomes a 29mm f/0.74 (i.e, by using 50mm lens, the actual focal length in BMPCC is 29mm x 3.02 = 87.58mm), and the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 becomes the world’s fastest zoom lens at 10.5-20.3mm f/1.0 with stunningly sharp performance. (i.e, by using 18-35mm lens, the actual focal length in BMPCC is from (10.5mm x 3.02 = 31.71mm) to (20.3mm x 3.02 = 61.31mm). More detail about crop factors, please refer to the table below:
Table of compatibility and resulting crop factors:
Optics designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending)
Your PayPal receipt is your order confirmation. There is no separate email confirmation until shipment takes place.
- Industry's best aperture ring covers a 8-stop range, clearly indicating actual number of f-stops. No more guesswork! (Patent pending).
- Compatible to both Nikkor G lens & F lens (include non-AI & AI lens mounts).
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 2/3stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.74)
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.58x wider.
- Click-less manual G aperture ring.
- Optics designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending).
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo cam ball heads.
Tips: Before mounting your lens to the adaptor, please make sure that the f-stop of aperture ring on the adaptor is turned to "7" (i.e. mounting your lens to the adaptor while only the aperture ring in the adaptor is full closed.).
Remark: This mount is manual aperture control. It does NOT support electronic aperture control.
Disclaimer: we are NOT licensed, approved or endorsed by Micro Four Thirds or Nikon
List of incompatible lenses
Nikkor 2.1cm f4
Related Press Release 2 Dec 2013: Metabones Nikon G to BMCC/BMPCC Speed Boosters Available Starting Today
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart AdapterTM series adapters have the following additional features
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.